Ms. Sandy Long is the Senior Advisor for Defense Exports within the DASA DE&C office. She serves as a Senior Leader in support of the DASA DE&C. The DASA DE&C office is the U.S. Army lead for security assistance, exports, technology transfer, armaments cooperation, and for equipping and training our international partners. As such, DASA DE&C manages, leads and directs the Army’s global security assistance programs.
Ms. Long has been with the DASA DE&C office for over nineteen years, assuming the position of Senior Advisor in October 2020. Within those nineteen years, Ms. Long served as Director for both the Resource and Policy Directorate and the Strategic Planning Directorate. Specific duties included development of strategic planning for the Army’s Security Assistance Program; creation and implementation of career development for the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) workforce; Information Technology (IT) support for those systems supporting DASA DE&C programs; coordination of international air and trade shows; metrics development and tracking; financial management of the Army’s FMS budget and POM, Security Assistance policy development, and business management of the DASA DE&C office.
Prior to coming to the DASA DE&C office, she served as the Regional Director within the Army Acquisition Career Management Office. Duties included career development, career management, coordination and development of training and educational programs as well as managing the acquisition workforce within the National Capital Region and abroad.
Previously, Ms. Long spent approximately ten years in various Program Management Offices developing and managing information technology systems for the U.S. Army at both the strategic and tactical levels.
From 1977 to 1982, Ms. Long served in the U.S. Army culminating in a 3-year tour as a Drill Sergeant stationed at Fort McClellan, Alabama.
- Senior Advisor for Defense Exports, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Defense Exports and Cooperation), 2020 – Present
- Director Strategic Planning Directorate, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Defense Exports and Cooperation), 2017 – 2020
- Director, Resource and Policy Directorate, Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Defense Exports and Cooperation), 2015 – 2017
- M.S., Strategic Planning and Resourcing, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, 2004
- M.S., Information Systems Management, University of Maryland University College, 1999
- B.S., Information Systems Management, University of Maryland University College, 1993
- Army Acquisition Corps
- Level III Certification, Program Management and Information Technology
- Executive Security Cooperation Workforce Certification, Security Cooperation Planning, Oversight and Executive Area Concentration